Customer Acknowledgement Policy
National Sports Center for the Disabled
- I acknowledge the information provided is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
- I acknowledge that NSCD cannot assist with the personal care of participants. Participants must be independent and manage self-care or bring a care-giver to provide assistance.
- I acknowledge that due to staff safety standards and equipment weight limits, NSCD cannot accommodate sit skiers or horseback riders 200 lbs. or over.
- I acknowledge NSCD cannot administer medications (except for overnight camps with completed authorization and per the NSCD medication administration policy).
- I acknowledge that as the parent/guardian of this participant it is my responsibility to confirm with the participant’s medical team that based on the previously stated medical diagnosis and health history, it is safe for the participant to partake in the activity/lesson in which the participant is registered for with the NSCD.
- I acknowledge I have read the reservation policy (cancellations/rescheduling). This policy can be found at https://nscd.org/register/.
Consent to Medical Treatment
“Adult” means the undersigned Adult, being at least 18 years old, signing on behalf of him/herself and/or the undersigned parent(s) or legal guardian(s), being at least 18 years old, signing on behalf of the minor child or protected person named below (“Protected Person”) so that the Protected Person or Adult will be permitted to engage in the Activity. Adult authorizes the NSCD and Resort and/or their authorized personnel to call for medical care, treatment and/or procedures (collectively “Care”), for Participant or to transport Participant to a medical facility or hospital if, in the opinion of such personnel, medical attention is needed. Adult agrees that upon Participant’s transport to a facility or hospital that the NSCD, Resort and their personnel shall not have any further responsibility for Participant. Adult also consents to the Care given by an emergency caregiver or under the instructions and directions of a licensed physician. Adult knowingly and voluntarily consents in advance to such Care to encourage the physicians and the NSCD and Resort to exercise their best judgment in undertaking such Care. Further, Adult agrees on behalf of Adult and Protected Person to pay all costs associated with such Care and transportation provided for Participant and to indemnify and hold harmless the Indemnified Parties from any resulting costs.
Participant/Volunteer COVID-19 Notice and Acknowledgment Form
- I understand that the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organization. I further understand that COVID-19 is extremely contagious and may be contracted from various sources, particularly because of community spread all across Colorado. I understand COVID-19 has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be contagious.
- I also understand and agree that I must follow all safety measures to lower and prevent the risk of spreading COVID-19, including wearing a mask, maintaining a 6-foot social distance from others, regularly handwashing and sanitizing, and allowing my temperature and symptoms to be checked before participation in any National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD) program.
- I am informed that the NSCD has implemented preventative measures intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, given the nature of the virus, I understand there may be an inherent risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 by participating in a NSCD program.
- I accordingly understand that by attending a NSCD program, I voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. I agree that neither NSCD nor any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or other NSCD program participants is liable for any potential exposure to, or illness or injury from, COVID-19, which is not a direct result of negligence on their part.